The Five Longest Golf Holes In Myrtle Beach
As the Spring Myrtle Beach Golf Season has arrived, the grand strand will start to see an influx of golfers from all over the world. These golfers come from all types of golfing backgrounds. High handicappers, low handicappers and guys who think they hit the ball 300 yards off the tee every time they put the peg in the ground at each tee box.
This had me thinking about how many golfers want to test their game while here in the Worlds #1 golf destination. Below is a list of "The Five Longest Holes in Myrtle Beach."
- 1. Farmstead Golf Links - #18 767 yards Par 6 - Yes that is a Par 6. This hole has golfers teeing off in South Carolina and putting out in North Carolina. With the green featuring water on the left side, this will make or break you game or should I say this hole will let get back the skins you lost with the famous 18th hole press!!!
- 2. True Blue Plantation - #1, 624 yards, Par 5 - The Longest Par Five in Myrtle Beach gets golfers going as the first hole on this famous Mike Stranz design is a dog leg left with a waste bunker down the entire left side. True Blue is constantly ranked in the "Top 100 Golf Courses in America".
- 3. Eagle Nest Golf Club - #17, 616 yards, Par 5 - A challenging straight away long Par 5, that features water in front of the green. The Gene Hamm design only lets the Big Hitters dream about going for this hole in two.
- 4. Pearl West Golf Links - #14, 614 yards, Par 5 - Designer Dan Maples and alot to work with on this Par 5. This hole features views of the Calabash River down the entire right side. As if that is not enough, their is a pond at the front right of the green and a waste bunker on the left side making accuracy a must. BUT HOLD ON WAIT! One more thing, There is a huge tree in the right center of the fairway that comes into play off the tee.
- 5. Wicked Stick Golf Links - #11, 611 yards, Par 5 - The only John Daly design in Myrtle Beach, the Par 5 stretches 611 yards from the "Daly Tees". With water crossing the fairway, any tee shot short of the water leaves over 300 yards to the green. A pond short and right of the green, and a bunker on the right side of the green, this hole is truly a three shot hole as golfers play their third into a double green.
All five of the above golf courses are fun to play and feature their own unique test. I have no problem recommending any of these golf courses. In fact, golfers should consider adding these courses to their up coming Myrtle Beach Golf Packages for the Spring and Fall or even a single round while here in Myrtle Beach with the family for Summer Golf.
As Always, Fairways & Greens, @mbgolfpro
Related articles you might like